"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let's Just Face It...


Number 1: The wait for our baby boy is getting hard.

Number 2: This was not my best idea on how to stay busy...


So, our family has been sitting at #7 on our agency's waiting list for three weeks now. THREE weeks with no baby boy referrals. Seven is my most favorite number, but I am so ready to give it up and move forward. I am constantly thinking about him... wondering what he looks like, how old he is, where he is at this very moment, and how soon we'll be able to know him.

I have been consumed lately with checking our agency's Yahoo group and facebook to see if anyone has gotten a referral, to see if we've moved at all in the line. I've actually found "excuses" to sit at the computer or work near the computer so I can hear when I get an e-mail. I know, I know. Patience...

So, Friday I decided to put all of my looniness aside and keep busy by sorting all of the boy clothes we've been given... brilliant, right? Emma and I worked hard all afternoon organizing sizes, pairing outfits and filling up storage totes. I was so busy working that I didn't even have time to think about our little guy and this long journey we're on to get to him. Yep. Not once. I never thought about how cute he'd look in the outfits. I didn't even let my mind wonder what colors would look best with his brown skin. Nope. Not at all. : ) Totally a break from crazy.



By the way... Have I mentioned lately how amazing our friends are? Look at all the clothes in that picture!!

1 comment:

  1. What a journey your entire family is traveling. Your stories keep us focused on the reward, your precious son. Opening up your heart and your arms to welcome another child from God is truly amazing. The anticipation you are feeling must be overwhelming. We pray God gives you and Charlie and the girls peace. The minute you hold your son in your arms, you will realize the wait was worth it....God has a plan!!!

    Love you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete