Today is our four month DTE anniversary. My friend, Jackie, who shares our same DTE date said this earlier today, "Being DTE for month number 4 feels kinda like what I imagine turning 40 will feel like... thankful we made it, but not real thrilled to be here either!" I had been (not so secretly) hoping that we might have had our referral by now and wouldn't be celebrating this four-month milestone, but we continue to trust that this waiting period is all in God's hands.
My devotional this morning seems to have been written just for me. It was entitled, "The Wait." I couldn't think of anything more appropriate or timely for our family as we endure this time of waiting. I was reminded through this devotional about David being chosen as King of Israel that...
- God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.
- Even though we have been anointed and appointed, we may still have to wait.
- God doesn't waste time; He holds it in His hands and He redeems it by using our experiences to prosper us.
- God does not ignore the cries of His children, and He will not let us down.
- Our waiting has a purpose for someone other than ourselves. It is not all about us.
- If we let it, our waiting will bring us a more intimate knowledge of our Savior.
Waiting is less difficult and the future brighter when we let God do His work in our waiting and when we allow Him to bring His plans for our lives to fullness.
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
Lord... We are eagerly waiting!