"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Apparel Junkie!


Its true. I'm a total junkie. I have become completely addicted to adoption t-shirts and assorted adoption paraphernalia. (Not quite to the point where we should be staging an intervention, but could be getting close!) I love all of the great designs out there and all of the great causes needing support! In the last week, I've ordered five t-shirts and two necklaces, plus my amazing husband ordered me a necklace for my birthday! I love it all, and I love knowing that our purchases are helping families bring their children home or supporting organizations that are feeding and clothing the orphans and street children in Ethiopia. Check out some of my new favorites...

We ordered these ADORABLE Africa t-shirts (with a heart button over Ethiopia) for our three daughters. I am so excited about these! They were made by my adoption friend, Kim Jewett. Kim and her husband are selling these shirts (along with several other designs) to help raise money to bring their baby girl home from Ethiopia. Click on her name to read their blog and to see more of their shirt designs.


This beautiful necklace was a birthday present from my husband! (I really am a lucky girl!) He ordered it from Etsy seller, Junk Posse. When you purchase from Junk Posse, you help support several non-profit groups like Children's Hopechest. You can see her Etsy shop by clicking on the Junk Posse link.


This super cool shirt is from another adoption friend, Debb Marquez. Debb and her husband are raising money for their Ethiopian adoption as well and are hoping this shirt will help bring more awareness to adoption. The saying reads, "We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life, but those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." Isn't that great? The saying comes on several different styles of shirts and even a water bottle. Click on her name to see all of their designs!


These sweet bottlecap necklaces are being made by an eleven year old girl named Samantha. Her family is also adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. Samantha has a beautiful heart for orphans, and she has decided to sell these necklaces to help buy shoes for the many orphaned children in Ethiopia. In just two days, she has already sold enough necklaces to buy 17 pairs of shoes!! We bought three of these for our daughters, Emma, Ellie, and Erin who are really into bottlecaps right now. You can click on Samantha's name to read her blog and to be inspired by this amazing little girl!


These awesome shirts not only look good, but they do good too! They are being sold by the wonderful organization, Into the Streets of Ethiopia, which helps the most vulnerable and at-risk street children in Ethiopia. Each shirt costs $30 and will feed a child for THREE months! Buy a shirt, help feed a starving child. How great is that? Click on the link above to go to their website and find out more about how you can get involved!


I hope you might take a minute to check out some of these great items for yourself and see how easy it is to make a difference in the life of a child!

7 comments:

  1. I'm thinking it might just be time for an intervention! :) Those shirts you got for the girls are too ADORABLE! I love them!!! Wish I could have been there to see 'em in person. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one apparel junkie to another... YOU ARE KILLING ME!! It's barely 9:00 and I've already purchased those bottle cap necklaces. I've had my eye on that one from Junk Possee and have a feeling it'll be mine soon. :-) Love the shirts Deb came up with but opted for the water bottle (super cute).... ah.... killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting these.....I have been wanting to get some stuff and didn't know where to start. My birthday is next month, so here's to hoping my wonderful husband will get me that necklace too. :) Wish I had some children to purchase those cute T-shirts for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for adding a link to my blog. I hope your daughters like their necklaces. They should be there soon :)
    Peace...Love...Do Good!
    Sami (littlegoody2-shoes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know if we end up going to Ethiopia at the same time, we are gonna look like twins in our matching shirts and necklaces and baby boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute blog!
    Love browsing and finding all these families that are with AWAA!

    God bless,

    Angela
    www.dailyditch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so nice of you to post a link to our sale! Now I can't wait to see you in a pic wearing it! :) You'll look so GOOD!.....especially with one of those killer necklaces, too! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete