"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Showered With Love!


Dear Sweet Boy,

We are surrounded by a wonderful group of family and friends, and I cannot wait until we can bring you home and introduce you to them. They love you so much without ever having seen your face or even knowing your name.

I have known for about a month that my girlfriend, Tina, was planning a special day for me, in honor of you! (She tried to tell me the day would be all about me, but let's be honest... it was all about you, little one!!) I wasn't told anything else about the day, only to get a babysitter for your sisters and be ready to go at 2:00. I knew she picked the date, October 2, because she was so absolutely sure that we would know who you were by then. When the close of business hours came on Friday, October 1, I was just heartbroken to have not received your referral yet. I wanted so badly to be able to share you with our friends and to show them who it was we were celebrating. I was so disappointed, but you know what? It didn't matter one bit. They loved you just the same! We are blessed.

The afternoon was amazing! I was surprised with a trip down to the beautiful Oliver Winery in Bloomington. Several friends (Tina, Stephanie, Melissa, and Kathryn) rode down with us in a party van driven by Daddy and Brian, and when we got there, Grammy, Donna, Terrylee, and Aunt Kristen were there waiting for us! What an awesome surprise!! The tables were beautiful, the food was delicious, the fellowship was fabulous, and the gifts were more than we could have asked for.

I am so grateful for this special day and for all of the people who are helping us prepare to bring you home! We were truly showered with love!














No comments:

Post a Comment