"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Care Package!


It has been two weeks since we received our referral, and my heart is aching for my son. I want so badly to hold him in my arms. I want to tell him how much we love him and can't wait to bring him home. I want him to know that he is no longer an orphan. He has a forever family! Since I cannot be there in person with him, I am just yearning for any connection to him.

Right after we received our referral, we got an e-mail from the Gowin family, who is also adopting from Ethiopia with our adoption agency. They will be heading to Ethiopia next week for their court date and they offered to take a care package to Elias for us! While they are there, they will have the chance to meet him, love on him, deliver our care package and take photos of him. We are so excited! It makes me so emotional to think about someone holding our sweet boy, telling him all about us and how much we love him. Thank you Gowins for this blessing to our family!!



Shopping for Elias for the first time was so much fun (and truthfully, a bit emotional too). The outfit we picked out for him has a number 4 on the shirt, which we thought was so perfect since he is our fourth child. We also put together a family photo album for him. We filled the inside with pictures of us so Elias could see his family for the first time! (The outside of the album has a picture of him, which I had to blur here on our blog.) Each sister also picked out a small car to send to him. We are so excited for this first care package and for the connection it gives us to our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment