"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Year Ago...


Whoa! Check out our ticker and the milestone we reached today...


One year ago today, I sat nervously in the parking lot of our local post office, anxiously praying over a large envelope I held in my lap. It was a Monday morning and after spending all weekend filling out our first adoption application, it was ready to be mailed. We knew it was time to take the first, enormous step in our adoption journey. (Or I knew it. My husband wasn't quite as sure back then.)

I prayed that if it was God's will, we would be accepted into the Ethiopia program. I prayed for our family and for the changes that we would be making. I prayed for our future son, whoever and wherever he was. And then I mailed it. Yikes!!

Over the course of this last year, we've been poked, prodded, questioned and quizzed. We've completed mounds of paperwork. We've prepared our home and our hearts for a new family member. We've fallen completely in love with a precious baby we've never met and the beautiful country of his birth.

We've learned a lot about our faith and grown in our trust in God. We're hopefully a bit wiser and definitely more patient.

We have a son who has grown in our hearts each and every day since we began our adoption process. He is not yet in our arms, but that time will come. God knows the exact time for that, and we'll rejoice when that day comes. Until then, we continue to wait. Each day bringing us one step closer to him and to One who called us to this journey.

"Father to the fatherless, defender of widows - this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families;" Psalm 68:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment