"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Court Date!


We have a court date!! The travel coordinator from AWAA called us this morning to share the good news. Like every Wednesday morning, I was out having breakfast with three of my girlfriends when the call came. It was so fun to have them with me when I learned that I would be meeting my son for the first time... on January 18!!

This date is later than we had hoped for, but we are still so excited to actually have a date! (Our agency said that they, too, were surprised at the later court date, but figured its because of the backlog that still exists from the recent court closures and also because Ethiopia celebrates their Christmas holiday on January 7.) We can now start planning flights and itineraries and begin the countdown to the day we are holding Elias in our arms... 70 days from now!!!

I told Charlie earlier today that I was on Cloud Nine with the news of our court date, and he countered that he was on Cloud Twelve! We are thrilled to be this much closer to making Elias legally, officially and forever a Herwehe!

1 comment:

  1. Laura - check out this link:

    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7899910125256000465&postID=2551972130864065266

    They have a court date on January 18, too! Plus, in the comments section is a link to ANOTHER blogger who also has the same court date. Maybe you'll meet each other!!

    Blessings,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete