"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, my precious baby boy!

Oh, sweet boy. I miss you so much. I am just aching and longing to bring you home. Yesterday I heard the song, "I'll be Home for Christmas," and I just melted. I thought for sure that you would be home with us by now. Celebrating this Christmas without you here has been so difficult, because we are not a complete family without you.

We kept you close to our hearts and minds and included you in all of our Christmas traditions this year. But we're really looking forward to next year when you're here to see it all for yourself!

You got a new ornament on the tree.


We baked cookies for Santa in the shape of Africa because your sisters wanted to make sure Santa remembered to visit you, too!


We hung FOUR stockings up on the mantel this year! See that cute little penguin on the end? That one's yours!!


You even had presents under the tree... some from family, some from friends, and even some from Santa! None of them have been opened yet. We'll let you do that when you get home!



This morning when I woke up, my heart was so heavy because you weren't home with us to celebrate Christmas, and I was missing you terribly. I checked my e-mail and found that I had 17 new pictures and a video of you waiting in my inbox. They were all of you opening the Christmas care package we sent to you. It was my best Christmas present! It was not the same as having you here, but it sure was nice to see your beautiful face on Christmas morning!

Merry Christmas, Elias. I am so glad this is the last one we'll spend apart!

I love you!!
~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness! We think WAY alike! We got the same ornaments, and our Christmas cut-outs were Africa too! Guess our hearts were both in ET as well as with our families! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete