The Bible tells us in Psalm 82:3 to "Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed." This Father's Day weekend, we are hoping that you can help us do just that!
While we are in Ethiopia, we are planning to visit not only the Transition Home run by our adoption agency, but also several orphanages and care centers (for older, school-aged children). We are hoping to be able to bless each of these facilities with some much-needed donations. Will you help us show Christ's love to these precious children halfway around the world who need so much and yet have so very little?
We will be having a HUGE yard sale on June 18 and 19 to raise money to purchase donations and to pay the airline fees for taking the donations over with us.
Here are 3 ways you can join with us to help "defend the cause of the weak and fatherless."
1. Donate items for us to sell at the yard sale. We would be happy to come and pick them up from you.
2. Come and SHOP!! Friday, June 18 and Saturday, June 19 from 8:00 - 3:00.
3. Purchase donations for the transition homes, orphanages, and care centers. Please see the list below:
- Small toys, bubbles, balloons (no stuffed animals)
- Playdough, puppets
- Twin bed sheets
- Baby Formula (powder with DHA/RHA)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Baby Wipes
- Clothes for older children (age 7 and up) including day clothes, pajamas, and underwear
- Shoes (Crocs, sandals)
- Vitamins (Poly-vi-sol, Tri-vi-sol, chewable multi-vitamins)
- Iron supplements
- Tylenol (infants and children's)
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss
- Diaper rash cream, Neosporin, cough syrup, saline spray
- Granola bars, suckers, etc for handing out to the children
- School supplies (notebooks, pencils, etc)
God is really stirring in our hearts to not just help the child we are adopting, but also the millions of orphans in Ethiopia who will be left behind. Thank you for joining with us!