"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A New Day

What a great...and surreal... day for our family! Elias was so calm and comfortable with us last night and slept for over 12 hours. I didn't sleep nearly that long though because I was up half the night staring at this precious boy, this amazing blessing we'd been given. I had longed for this day for almost a year and a half. It was so hard to believe that our sweet son was actually in our room, in our care, beginning his new life with us - finally!!



Elias really started to warm up to us today, and we had some great breakthroughs with him... a few smiles, some laughs and even a couple of words! There was one moment at dinner that Elias was actually being silly to try and get us to laugh at him! Its so exciting to see his personality start emerging.


We also attended our visa interview today at the US Embassy. We were asked a series of questions, given some of Elias' official documents, and then were told these most wonderful words, "This adoption is now considered complete and final." I could barely catch my breath over the lump in my throat. Finally, officially our son. Thank you God!!

1 comment:

  1. I must appreciate the interests you earn inside establishing this informative article. My business is relying a similar best work within you down the road in addition..

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete