"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Submitted!!

Yesterday we got our miracle!! We had prayed, along with so many of you faithful prayer warriors, that we would be submitted to the embassy yesterday. We were up against some pretty steep odds, with MOWA being closed last week, but our God is bigger, and we are praising Him, the One from whom all blessings flow! Our file is now in the hands of the embassy, and we are finally nearing the end of this journey!!!

I am embarrassed to admit that as the morning turned into afternoon yesterday, I began to doubt and my faith in this miracle began to waiver. I had prayed and prayed that God would allow us to be submitted to the embassy and when I hadn't heard anything from our agency by 1:00, I began getting worried, discouraged, and frustrated. Around 3:00, I checked my computer and saw in my e-mail inbox these words... "Embassy Paperwork Submitted." Simple. Direct. To the Point. Our miracle. Our answer to prayer.

Thank you, Jesus, that despite my impatience and lack of faith, you answered our prayers in such a mighty way! You have redeemed Elias's life. He is no longer an orphan. He is our son, and You are now paving the way for him to come home!

What happens next? It will take the embassy up to a week to review our file. If all of our documents are in order (and we are assuming they are), then they will clear us to travel and bring Elias home. We will know for sure next week, but we are currently planning to be in Ethiopia during the last week of February!!

Baby boy, we are coming for you SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment