"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Heart is Aching


Sweet baby boy,

Tonight my heart is aching for you. You are halfway around the world in an orphanage and my heart is longing to bring you home. You have a family who loves you and you don't even know it yet. I haven't seen your face, I don't know your name, but I know God has chosen you for our family. I trust His plan and His timeline. You are His first, and I will rejoice when He reveals you to us. Until then, as I attempt to wait patiently for God's goodness to unfold in our lives, I am praying for you. I pray every single day for your precious heart. That you are well loved and cared for. That you are safe and healthy. I pray for your birth family. I am so grateful for their courage, but my heart breaks at the pain they feel to let you go. I pray for God's blessings and protection to cover you. You are my son. I am coming for you just as soon as I can. I love you with all that I have.

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
    directory. We would
    include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
    along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
    Please let us
    know as soon as possible.

    Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

    Mike Thomas
    Editor-in-Chief
    AdoptionExperiences.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you not make me cry this early in the morning? Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete